Friday, January 6, 2012

2012 already?

I've had a month without posting and missed the turning of the year. For any readers I've missed with cards I wish you all the best in 2012. It'll be a year of changes for me as the economic climate continues to prove difficult for me. I'll need to increase the amount of paid work I'm doing - that's for sure!
This post my news is of a painting exhibition. I've made use of the blank wall space created by a re-organisation at The Edge Climbing Centre by hanging an exhibition of my large, mountain and crag landscape paintings. If you're in the area pop in and visit. It's the largest solo show I've had for a few years.
The 4 mile long, silver, gritstone Stanage Edge is one of my favourite places and my best subject in recent times. The feedback I've had from the exhibition is that this painting of Black Slab and the Trinity Buttress has been one of the climbers's favourites.
 I'm exploring to find ways of being a bit more commercially minded with the painting and have, for the first time sourced a Giclee printmaker who has made an excellent smaller sized print of this painting. This will be an interesting experiment to see if prints, which are smaller and cheaper that the original painting are more likely to be sold.
I'm not expecting to make my fortune with my painting, but I am thinking long term over the next 10 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment